Moving truck rental could be a great way to save your money while moving. Here are tips on how to go about renting a truck for your move.
One way you can save your money while moving is by renting a truck and driving it yourself. But all said and done, moving truck rental need to be done carefully to avoid unplanned expenses and misfortunes. Here are tips on all that is involved in moving truck rental.
1. When choosing a moving truck or a moving van, it’s recommended that you avoid peak seasons like summers and weekends. Asking for free moving quotes from the moving truck rental company may help you to compare the timings and the corresponding charges so you can plan accordingly.
2. Never rent a truck unless you understand the terms and conditions stipulated in the contract. Some terminologies used may be hard to understand but may negatively bind you if you don’t adhere to them. It’s not foolishness to ask over and over until you understand. Take time to understand their moving insurance policy as well.
3. Always test drive your moving truck before taking it for the trip especially if you are embarking on a long distance move.
4. Understand the pricing. Local movers often charge per day. State to state movers often charge on one-way basis whereby you pick the moving truck from one location and drop it to another. You will be required to pay deposit before taking the moving truck or moving van.
5. Make sure you have a valid driver’s license and that you check with the age requirement from the moving company you are renting the moving truck from. Some moving companies allow an age limit of 18 while others may allow those with 25 years and over to rent their trucks.
6. Other tips that may help you include cleaning the truck after use to avoid penalties, taking time to understand how driving the truck may be different from driving your car and getting the right insurance cover.
Tags: free moving quotes, local movers, long distance move, moving truck, moving truck rental, moving van, state to state movers