Moving trucks provided by various moving companies come in different sizes and models. Here are tips on how to get the right size truck for your move.
If you are moving and you think about a moving truck, the first thing that comes to your mind is the size of the truck. You don’t care whether the truck is red or white! The size of the moving truck means a lot for your move. Whether you are getting moving services from a long distance moving company or from local movers, the size of the moving truck that you ask will in the end contribute to the overall cost of your move.
Various moving companies have come up with various standard sizes of the moving trucks. When you describe your move, the moving companies will suggest a truck that you should hire and they will charge you accordingly. A large moving truck is more expensive than a small moving van. Here are some tips that will shed more light on what to consider before determining what moving truck to go for.
• First, many moving companies have three main sized of moving trucks, which include: 15 foot, 20 foot and 24 foot moving truck. Other common sizes of the moving trucks include 26 foot, 17 foot and 14 foot.
• If you have a four bedroom house, then a 26 foot moving truck will be sufficient for you. If you have a three bedroom house, then a 24 foot will do. If you have 2 to 3 bedroom house, then a 17 foot moving truck will and if you a 1 to 2 bedroom house a 14 foot moving truck will be enough for your move.
• There are smaller moving trucks or moving vans which are 10 foot and they are ideal for a studio of a small 1 bedroom apartment.
• Always rent a moving truck that is slightly more than what may be ideal for your move. It’s better to have some space left in the moving truck than to have your stuff left for lack of space!
• You should also consider the maneuverability of the truck in your area and also in the new area. If a big truck can’t maneuver the areas, you should go for smaller moving vans.